39 Huge Reasons to Join a WAM! Eco Adventure this Summer
There are adventures in nature to be had all year round on the Mornington Peninsula and in Melbourne’s wilderness but during summer when the days are longer and the weather at it’s warmest, it all becomes even more sensational.
From feeling like you have the whole ocean, lake or river to yourself whilst exploring a beautiful waterway on a SUP, to picnics in breathtaking locations.
Summer is the time to enjoy an amazing variety of experiences in the great outdoors. Our eco adventures are designed to connect you with nature & wildlife and experience it’s natural wonders from a unique perspective whilst being on an active adventure.
There are a million reasons to book an eco adventure with WAM but we have narrowed it down to this list of 39 huge reasons to join an eco adventure with us this summer!
1. It’s good for your physical and mental health
Stay healthy by connecting with nature on active adventures
2. Give back!
Book with an operator that gives back and does good for the environment and community
3. Learn new skills in outdoor adventures
Gain new skills in Stand Up Paddleboarding and Mountain Biking from our qualified and certified instructors
4. Escape to the wilderness
Take a digital detox where you will feel a world away from the lockdowns of 2020/21
5. 5 Star Service
Enjoy luxuries and service that are designed to be good for the planet and community
6. Hang out for the day with a small group of mates
Our adventures operate with a maximum of 8 people so you are assured a personalised service
7. Delicious lakeside picnic at a gorgeous organic winery
Taste delicious grazing platters of local produce and even trying some organic vegan wine
8. Hang out with iconic Aussie wildlife in the wild
We adventure to natural wonders with wildlife viewing opportunities
9. All inclusive adventure, no hidden costs
Entry to venues, meals, drinks, equipment, free sunscreen, towel service. Each adventure includes everything you need for the best experience possible
10. Taste incredible fresh local produce
We visit sustainably conscious cafes and wineries who serve the best local produce
11. The WAM Van, a sanctuary on wheels
The WAM van feels like a retreat the moment you step foot on board, the WAM van has had the funkiest fit out to maximise your comfort and enjoyment, you’ll have to see it to believe it!
12. Sustainable towel service
We provide all guests beautifully soft eco towels from local business, Somerside to use for the day made from recycled plastic bottles
13. Visit hidden gem locations in nature
We take you to the spots only locals would know
14. Free reef safe sunscreen to use for the day
All of our eco adventures provide free reef safe sunscreen from local business, Sunbutter Skincare
15. SUP the spectacular Mornington Peninsula coastline
Let us guide you to stunning coves and bays in crystal clear waters
16. Chill in a craft beer garden after a day of adventure
Spend the afternoon in the sunshine tasting craft ales at some awesome sustainably conscious breweries
17. Join a sub-zero waste tour
Not only do we provide eco-packs so no waste is caused, we also carry portable bins so we leave places cleaner than we found them
18. Bushwalk to dramatic coastal scenery
The Mornington Peninsula has ocean on 3 sides, Port Phillip Bay, Westernport Bay and the Southern Ocean so a dream for coastal hikes
19. Bathe at the Peninsula Hot Springs
Some of the worlds best thermal hot springs with over 50 bathing experiences which includes cold pools to cool down!
20. Less drive time = less emissions = more adventuring
Our eco adventures spend the minimum amount of time in the vehicle and maximum amount of time in nature
21. Receive a sustainable gift and other surprises
Every WAM guest receives a sustainable gift, eco-pack to use for the day, and exclusive discounts on any of products you use
22. Mountain bike through native bushland and forests
Journey along beautiful bike trails on early morning tours, self-guided adventures and adventure picnics
23. Dip your toes in enchanting rock pools
Doesn’t get much better than discovering a rock pool on your coastal hike to dip your feet into
24. Paddle & Picnic
Imagine being given a map that guides you on a SUP with your picnic to hidden coves for a picnic experience you’ll always remember
25. Soar to the summit of the Mornington Peninsula (with your bike)
Join our Wonga Biking Trails to Craft Ales and take Arthurs Seat Eagle gondola to the top of the Peninsula with panoramic views all the way!
26. Try a mojito tasting paddle in a rum garden
A mojito tasting paddle at Jimmy Rum Distillery after an adventure just shouts summer!
27. The perfect combination of action & relaxing
We have meticulously designed our adventures to provide you with ideal recipe of outdoor adventure, indulgence and relaxation
28. Pedal & Picnic
Ride the Peninsula’s awesome nature trails with an insulated backpack full of fresh local produce for your Adventure Picnic
29. Support local eco-conscious businesses
By booking with our small business this summer you are also supporting other small purpose driven companies
30. See nature come to life at dawn
Early mornings are the best to see wildlife, not many people around and the local wildlife abundant!
31. Scenic drives from clifftops to curving tree lined roads
We’ll always try to take the most picturesque driving routes
32. Hike & Picnic
Choices choices! Scale the summit of the Peninsula, bushwalk secluded coastal trails with wild ocean backdrops or forest walks past wineries.
33. SUP along serene lakes and waterways
Being on a lake or river and gently paddling past a kangaroo or wombat on the riverbank is a truly unique and special moment
33. Explore the highlights of 192km’s of heavenly coastline
You are spoilt for choice on the Mornington Peninsula but we’ll take you to the best of it!
34. Fully organised days where we handle every aspect
So you don’t have to think, just relax and enjoy the adventure
35. Try native ingredients in a picnic full of fresh local produce
We even take you on an adventure of the tastebuds from the amazing Indigenous owned Cooee Cafe
36. Join a local for the day and learn more about the Mornington Peninsula
From learning new skills, hearing stories, or being shown lesser known awesome spots in nature
37. Ride the Red Hill Rail Trail
Bike through forests with views of olive groves, lavender fields and vineyards (where you can stop for a tasting)
38. Swim in paradise at white sandy beaches
The Mornington Peninsula is bursting with pristine beaches and blissful waters to swim in
39. Spot remarkable marine life like dolphins and rays from a SUP
Sometimes we are paid a very special visit from some very special residents of the ocean (we’ll always respect and do what we can to protect these precious ocean creatures)