Ultimate Day Trip Near Melbourne
Stunning Views and Wildlife Sightings
Adventure for All Skill-Levels
The full package when it comes to discovering all the hidden gems in one of Melbourne closest and most magnificent regions
The ultimate adventurous day trip from Melbourne! Expect a spectacular day exploring the Mornington Peninsula, SUP (standup paddleboard) in the ocean as you look back on the famous colourful bathing boxes and hike to a deserted bay whilst spotting Aussie wildlife. You may even be lucky enough to spot some dolphins! You will also relax in one of the world’s best thermal hot springs, and indulge your palate during a lunch at a stunning local organic winery.
Enjoy an ocean paddle keeping an eye out for the resident pod of dolphins by the iconic colourful bathing boxes of the Mornington Peninsula
Hike through Aussie bushland spotting nearby wildlife, making your way to a beautiful turquoise blue bay with some fantastic rock pools
Connect with nature in the wilderness within an hour of the city centre
Spectacular winery gourmet picnic lunch
Take in panoramic views whilst driving through the Mornington Peninsula
Top off the day bathing at some of the world's best thermal hot springs
Click the Tabs for More Information
Pickup at your location in the city centre.
Thursday and Saturday
October to April
4 minimum, 8 maximum
- Stand Up Paddleboard lesson and tour in the bays of the Mornington Peninsula.
- Entry & Bathing to the Peninsula Hot Springs
- Winery gourmet picnic lunch
- Guided bushwalking tour to spectacular beach
- Return transport from Melbourne CBD (or Frankston Train Station).
- A fun, passionate and experienced fully qualified guide
- All equipment (standup paddleboard, paddle, life jacket etc)
- All Parks entrance fees
- Drinking water & refreshments
- Aussie wildlife viewings!
- Additional drinks at the winery
- Any extra spa experiences at the hot springs
What to bring
Hat, sunglasses, camera, comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather (including swimwear), closed shoes that can get wet (or bring sandals/flips flops/jandals/thongs), day backpack (for hike if you want to carry anything), change of clothes for the trip home. Warm clothes and rain jacket just in case.
See our FAQs for more information.
- Must be able to swim
- Must be 16 years and above (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
About your guide
Experienced guide who is fully qualified SUP Flat Water Instructor with Surfing Australia.
Check out our About Us page for more details.
This is available as a private adventure. Please contact us for more details and to arrange your personalised experience.
What You'll See and Do During Your Day
Your perfect Mornington Peninsula day tour will start with pick up from Melbourne CBD (or Frankston Station if you prefer). We will then drive for less than an hour to the paradise that is the Mornington Peninsula. We will arrive at a beautiful white sandy beach where you can also take photos of famous colourful bathing boxes of the Mornington Peninsula. Here you can get changed whilst we set up the standup paddleboards for our first activity. Your guide is a certified SUP instructor and will give you all necessary safety instructions before we get into the water. There are often dolphins close by, so remember to keep your eyes peeled!
We will be on the water for around an hour to an hour and a half which is ample time to fall in love with the sport as well as enjoying the stunning coastal vistas. Please note: if the weather and wind are not suitable we may select an alternative inland waterway or another activity like biking.
After drying off, we will head back in the vehicle and take a beautiful hilly drive along the coast looking out over Port Philip Bay. A trip to the Mornington Peninsula wouldn’t be complete without visiting a winery. Our next stop is at the charming Trofeo Estate, which focuses on incorporating organic practices. This winery is the perfect spot for lunch and a tasting especially in such a stunning setting. Here we will have some time to enjoy a fabulous gourmet picnic lunch and relax with a glass in the wineries gardens.
After lunch, we continue our drive to the south of the Peninsula and on to Cape Schanck. We will then spend a few hours in the afternoon hiking through coastal nature trails to the breathtaking Bushrangers Bay. This bay is named after two escaped Aussie convicts—we’ll tell you all about it on the day! This time of day we often see wildlife like kangaroos and wallabies before arriving at the rugged, expansive and jaw-dropping ocean scenery. As we look out onto a deserted bay, the turquoise blue rock pools add to an already incredible scenery. The hike is around 45 minutes each way with a stop at Bushrangers bay to admire the coastal scenery and beautiful white sand beach.
Following all that action, it’s time to chill. For our final stop for the day, we may have saved the best till last. The Peninsula Hot Springs are some of the world’s best thermal hot springs and are set amongst nature which is the perfect way to relax at the end of an epic adventurous day. Here you’ll be able to kick back and relax in a tranquil setting with over 50 global bathing experiences, including an amphitheatre of geothermal pools! The perfect way to unwind after your action-packed day. Lastly, while you sit back and reminisce on an unforgettable day, we’ll take you back to Melbourne and drop you back in the city or at your accommodation around dinner time.
Why This Adventure Is Great for You!
- Melbournians: Live in Melbourne but looking to switch things up with an active nature-filled experience on your doorstep? Go standup paddleboarding and enjoy a peaceful cruise on a mountain bike through some peaceful forest trails. On this tour, you’ll be able to spend some time outdoors and see the city’s urban wilderness that you might not have even known existed!
- Interstate visitors: Staying in Melbourne and want to get out of the city for a morning? Head into the urban wilderness on a nature adventure that includes standup paddleboarding and leisurely mountain biking. This is the perfect morning activity during your stay and we’ll have you back in the city, ready to enjoy the rest of the day all before lunch.
- International visitors: Staying in Melbourne and want to explore the local area and see some iconic Aussie animals in the wild? You have to see at least one Aussie sunrise on your trip, so why not combine it with an adventure and nature tour? It’s a win all around!
This adventure includes multiple activities so a moderate level of fitness is advised. Hiking and standup paddleboarding are done at a leisurely pace. While standup paddleboarding experience is not necessary, you do need to be able to swim for this tour. You must be 16 years old or over to participate in this adventure (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). However, children 12 and up can participate on a private adventure. If you are unsure if this adventure is suitable for you, please contact us(opens in a new tab) or check out our other adventure tours.
This adventure operate in the warmer months of the year but occasionally there can be adverse weather conditions. If the weather is not suitable for paddling, we will adjust the itinerary with alternative activities like hiking or biking or call you the day prior to your tour to discuss other options.