The best way to start the day, reconnecting with nature on an active adventure
Be guided to natural wildlife wonders on Melbourne's doorstep
SUP lesson and tour included along lakes or rivers
Delicious cafe breakfast included
Included Mountain biking lesson and tour along nature trails
Discover the Yarra Scenic Drive
Small groups (max 6 guests)
CBD Start/finish - Transport included
Wake up in Melbourne and head out for an awe-inspiring outdoor adventure immersed in nature.
Everything is included on this epic eco adventure, you will cruise on mountain bikes through lush bushland, glide on Stand Up Paddleboards along beautiful inland waterways, view our iconic native animals in the wild, taste sensational local produce with a healthy Melbourne café breakfast, and take in stunning views on the Yarra scenic drive back to Melbourne.
Connect with nature in the wilderness just minutes from the city centre
Enjoy a beautiful sunrise at the best time of day to see wildlife
See iconic Australian animals including kangaroos, wombats, kookaburras, fruit bats, and if we are lucky wallabies, echidnas, and platypus too!
Cruise on a mountain bike through the Aussie bush along riverside tracks
Standup paddleboard through beautiful waterways with the sound of birdlife around you
Fuel up with a delicious Melbourne cafe breakfast
Take in stunning panoramic views during a scenic drive
Click the Tabs for More Information
Between 5:30 am and 6:30 am (time varies depending on sunrise) – Exact pickup time confirmed upon booking.
October & February – 6:00 am
November, December, January – 5:30 am
March & April – 6:30 am
Pickup at your location in the city centre.
October to April
4 minimum, 6 maximum
- Guided bike tour along riverside tracks viewing kangaroos, wombats and birdlife
- Stand Up Paddleboard lesson and guided tour along a beautiful inland waterway
- Healthy and hearty Melbourne breakfast at a top local cafe
- Return transport from Melbourne CBD
- Special WAM! Eco-pack for the day including reusable drinking bottle and coffee cup, eco-towel service, reef safe sunscreen and a sustainable gift
- Your fun, passionate, experienced, and fully qualified guide
- All equipment (mountain bike, standup paddleboard, paddle, life jacket, helmet, etc.)
- All Parks entrance fees
- Drinking water, refreshments (including coffee on route)
- Aussie wildlife viewings!
What to bring
Hat, sunglasses, camera, comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather (including swimwear), closed shoes that can get wet (or bring sandals/flips flops/jandals/thongs), change of clothes for the trip home. Warm clothes and rain jacket just in case.
See our FAQs for more information.
Must be able to swim and ride a bicycle
About your guide
Experienced guide who is fully qualified SUP Flat Water Instructor with Surfing Australia and qualified Mountain Biking Foundation Instructor with AusCycling.
Check out our About Us page for more details.
This is available as a private adventure. Please contact us for more details and to arrange your personalised experience.
What You'll See and Do During Your Morning
We’ll begin with an early morning pick up from Melbourne CBD. After a short, 20-minute drive, you’ll find yourself out in the urban Australian wilderness in Melbourne’s North Eastern suburbs. There, you can view iconic Aussie wildlife up close and personal. Our tours visit a selection of beautiful parks including Westerfolds Park, Candlebark Park, Warrandyte Park, and Plenty Gorge — the specific park chosen will depend on times and weather conditions, but all equally gorgeous.
Our first activity is mountain biking along riverside trails through the Aussie bush keeping our eyes peeled for wombats and kangaroos and listening to birdlife as the sun greets us. We will spend about an hour riding the various trails before we stop for a flask of fresh Melbourne coffee whilst we set up the standup paddleboards for our next awesome activity.
Your guide is also a certified SUP instructor and will give you all necessary instruction on standup paddleboarding before we enter a stunning waterway and cruise along enjoying the peace and quiet. We will be on the water for around an hour. We believe this is ample time to master and fall in love with the sport as well as enjoy our serene waterways.
After a morning of activities, we will have built up quite an appetite, so it’s time for breakfast. We will head to Power Plant, a sustainable cafe where we get to enjoy a classic Melbourne brekkie. While you are there, be sure you grab yourself a barista-made, Melbourne coffee.
Once refuelled we then hop back in the vehicle and drive the Yarra Scenic Drive back towards Melbourne, admiring the panoramic river views. Your guide will point out interesting sights along the way including nearby Aboriginal sites, and some more incredible Aussie wildlife. We’ll arrive back in Melbourne to drop you off before lunchtime, relaxed, fueled, and ready to take on the day ahead, but it may be hard to top after such an adventurous morning.
Why This Adventure Is Great for You!
- Melburnians: Live in Melbourne but looking to switch things up with an active nature-filled experience on your doorstep? Go standup paddleboarding and enjoy a peaceful cruise on a mountain bike through some peaceful forest trails. On this tour, you’ll be able to spend some time outdoors and see the city’s urban wilderness that you might not have even known existed!
- Interstate visitors: Staying in Melbourne and want to get out of the city for a morning? Head into the urban wilderness on a nature adventure that includes standup paddleboarding and leisurely mountain biking. This is the perfect morning activity during your stay and we’ll have you back in the city, ready to enjoy the rest of the day all before lunch.
- International visitors: Staying in Melbourne and want to explore the local area and see some iconic Aussie animals in the wild? You have to see at least one Aussie sunrise on your trip, so why not combine it with an adventure and nature tour? It’s a win all around!
This adventure includes standup paddleboarding and mountain biking. While standup paddleboarding experience is not necessary, you do need to be able to swim and ride a bike for this adventure. You must be 16 years old or over to participate in this adventure (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). However, children 12 and up can participate on a private adventure. If you are unsure if this adventure is suitable for you, please contact us(opens in a new tab) or check out some of our other adventures.
This adventure operate in the warmer months of the year but occasionally the weather can be unpredictable. If the weather is not suitable for paddling, we will adjust the itinerary with alternative activities like hiking or biking or we will call you the day prior to discuss other options