A Unique View of the Mornington Peninsula Bathing Boxes
Breathtaking Aussie Sunset
Active Adventure For All Skill Levels
An evening like no other. Journey with WAM! to the Mornington Peninsula as you SUP and take in a variety of beautiful views as the sun drops over the horizon
Embark on a revitalising journey to the crystal clear waters of the Mornington Peninsula for a Stand Up Paddleboarding sunset adventure. Pre adventure dinner included from Australia’s first zero-carbon street food kitchen. Top the evening off taking in the panoramic sunset whilst paddling along the peninsulas breathtaking coastline with the iconic colorful bathing boxes. You may be lucky enough to spot some dolphins too!
Take a break from the hustle and bustle with a nearby outdoor getaway
Partake in an evening of active adventure as you try SUP
Taste awesome Lebanese street food at Australia's first carbon zero street kitchen
View Mornington Peninsula’s iconic coastline and colourful bathing boxes from a unique perspective out on the ocean
Enjoy the beautiful Aussie sunset as it drops over Port Phillip Bay
Click the Tabs for More Information
Varies depending on time of sunset
November and February – 6:00 pm
December and January – 7:00 pm
March – 5:30 pm
Melbourne CBD – Flinders Street opposite Fed Square
Please contact us if you would like to meet us on the Mornington Peninsula instead
November to March
4 hours (including driving time to/from Melbourne)
SUP lesson and tour is between 90 mins to 2 hours
4 minimum, 8 maximum
- 90 minute to 2 hour SUP lesson and tour in the stunning waters of the Mornington Peninsula
- Pre departure meal from Australia’s first zero-carbon street food kitchen
- Return Transport from Melbourne CBD
- Fun, Passionate, experienced and fully qualified guide
- All equipment (standup paddleboard, paddle, life jacket, etc.)
- Reef safe sunscreen, Eco towel service, and sustainable bamboo straw gift
- All Parks Entrance Fees
- Drinking water & Refreshments
- Drinks with pre departure meal
What to bring
Hat, sunglasses, camera, comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather (including swimwear), closed shoes that can get wet (or bring sandals/flips flops/jandals/thongs), change of clothes for the trip home. Warm clothes and rain jacket just in case.
See our FAQs for more information.
- Must be able to swim
- Must be 16 years and above (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
About your guide
Experienced guide who is fully qualified SUP Flat Water Instructor with Surfing Australia.
Check out our About Us page for more details.
This is available as a private Adventure. Please contact us for more details and to arrange your personalised experience.
What You'll See and Do During Your Evening
This incredible adventurous evening like no other will start with an included pre departure meal at Australia’s first zero-carbon street food kitchen.
Upon booking WAM! will provide you with a voucher to redeem at Atiyah in Federation Square to try awesome Lebanese streetfood made with love and perfect to eat on the go. Everything about Atiyah is sustainable and they are revolutionising streetfood through their community of amazing people with a passion for saving the planet.
Energised from your meal (or feel free to bring it on board), your WAM! guide will pick you up from Flinders Street (please contact us if you would like to meet us on the Mornington Peninsula).
From there, we will take a leisurely 60 minutes drive to the Mornington Peninsula and a beautiful peninsula beach perfect to SUP. Your guide is also a certified SUP instructor and will give you all necessary instruction before we get into the water, cruise along and take in the scenery. This is the best time to see the famous colourful Bathing Boxes, each glowing in the evening sun. We will be on the water for around an hour and a half (with some time spent on land so you are comfortable), which is ample time to fall in love with the worlds fastest growing watersport as well as enjoy the stunning coastal vistas.
Keep an eye out for pods of dolphins who are often spotted nearby and come to say hello (we are careful to follow dolphin distancing guidelines) which is a truly special experience.
Enjoy the paddle as the sun glows off the bathing boxes before dropping over the ocean into the horizon. Please note: if the weather and wind are not suitable, we may select an alternative location or suggest an inland waterway or even reschedule to another date.
After our SUP adventure, we pack up and conclude the evening driving you back to Melbourne.
Why This Adventure Is Great for You!
- Melbournians: Have you ever seen people standup paddleboarding in the bay and been curious about trying the worlds fastest growing sport in your own back yard? Now’s the perfect opportunity! Better yet, do it as the sun dips down over Port Phillip Bay with a chance of seeing dolphins.
- Interstate visitors: Have you been wanting to check out the Bathing Boxes on the Mornington Peninsula but also avoid the crowds? We can’t think of a better way to experience these icons than on a SUP, cruising past as the vivid boxes glow with sun as it drops over the horizon.
- International visitors: Have you always wanted to visit the iconic colourful Bathing Boxes on the Mornington Peninsula? Then join a guided adventure with a local in the bay on a standup paddleboard adventure with plenty of time to get a great photo of the bathing boxes whilst enjoying a famous Aussie sunset over the ocean and with a good chance of spotting some dolphins.
This tour includes standup paddleboarding at a leisurely pace in the ocean. While standup paddleboarding experience is not necessary, you do need to be able to swim confidently for this tour. You must be 16 years old or over to participate in this tour (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). However, children 12 and up can participate on a private tour. If you are unsure if this tour is suitable for you, please contact us(opens in a new tab) or check out some of our other adventure tours.
These tours operate in the warmer months of the year but occasionally there can be adverse weather conditions and a strong wind/swell in the ocean. If the weather is not suitable for paddling by the bathing boxes we may change to a location in more protected waters or call you the day prior to discuss alternative options/days.